Nova Scotia authorized an growing variety of immigrants in 2020, paving the best way for financial restoration over the following few years.
A complete of three,517 immigration candidates had been authorized final yr, a lot of whom are both expert in important providers, similar to healthcare staff, or already residing in Canada. Those that at present stay overseas are anticipated to reach in Canada as soon as coronavirus-related journey restrictions are eased.
The concentrate on important providers this yr implies that many healthcare staff had been retained within the province, similar to care assistants, nurses and physicians.
The immigration ranges had been decrease in 2020 in comparison with 2019 because of the pandemic. Regardless of this, Nova Scotia continued to course of functions by the Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP) and the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP). The province’s immigration minister Lena Diab acknowledges the essential function that continued immigration will play in Nova Scotia’s post-pandemic financial restoration and development.
“Immigration will play an necessary function in our economic system as we get well from this pandemic,” Diab mentioned in a media launch. “We’ll proceed to work with our stakeholders to establish labour wants in key important service sectors and employers who want specialised abilities and expertise to create financial development.”
The province appears to concentrate on attracting overseas expertise with specialised abilities or occupations that match recognized labour shortages. As well as, the province seeks to retain worldwide college students after they graduate. Final yr, 1,018 graduates selected to use to remain in Nova Scotia after commencement, a big improve from 2014, when solely 35 graduates remained within the province.
How you can immigrate to Nova Scotia
The AIP permits employers in Atlantic Canada to rent overseas nationals for occupations that they had been unable to fill. Employers don’t must receive a Labour Market Influence Evaluation (LMIA). Atlantic Canada consists of 4 provinces: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island.
Candidates arriving in Canada below the AIP will need to have a job supply from a delegated employer and will need to have an individualized settlement plan. Candidates who settle for a job supply from an employer in Atlantic Canada will probably be related to a delegated settlement service supplier by their employer to develop their individualized settlement plan.
Underneath the NSNP, candidates can select between eight completely different immigration streams:
- Nova Scotia Expertise: Specific Entry, for Specific Entry candidates who labored in Nova Scotia for a minimum of one yr;
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities, for Specific Entry candidates who meet particular labour market wants;
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities for Physicians, for Specific Entry candidates who’ve a job supply as a household doctor or specialist doctor;
- Doctor Stream, for physicians who’ve a job supply in Nova Scotia and usually are not within the Specific Entry system;
- Expert Employee Stream, for expert staff who’ve obtained a job supply within the province;
- Occupation In Demand Stream, for staff with a job supply in an occupation that’s deemed “in-demand;”
- Entrepreneur Stream, is for people who want to begin a enterprise within the province; and
- Worldwide Graduate Entrepreneur Stream, for worldwide graduates who want to begin a enterprise within the province.
© CIC Information All Rights Reserved. Go to CanadaVisa.com to find your Canadian immigration choices.